Bull & Bourbon Vegetarian Options
Sure, Bull & Bourbon is best known for our steak offerings. After all, we are one of the most in-demand and award-winning steakhouses in the San Diego region. But that doesn’t mean that vegetarians can’t enjoy an amazing meal at our Sycuan Casino Resort restaurant!
At most steakhouses, the vegetarian options are uninspired and feel like an afterthought. Some steakhouses don’t even offer veggie-friendly dishes at all! But at Bull & Bourbon, we take pride in every single offering on our menu — including meat-free dishes. We want every visitor to have a meaningful — and delicious! — dining experience.
If you’re going veg, here’s what you can expect to find and enjoy on our menu:
(Source: Bull & Bourbon Facebook page)
Note: When in doubt, always confirm that a menu item is vegetarian-friendly with your server. In some cases, animal products may not be immediately evident from the menu description (for instance, French Onion soup may be made with beef stock). If you’re curious about whether or not certain menu items can be made vegetarian, ask your server!
And don’t forget … all of our drinks and desserts are veggie-friendly, too!
Our salads are carefully prepared using fresh ingredients. They’re the perfect way to kick off your vegetarian meal.
- Mixed Greens Salad: This delightful melange of mixed greens is served with candied walnuts, boursin cheese, pink lady apples, and herb champagne vinaigrette. You’ll love every bite!
- Steakhouse Wedge (hold the bacon): While our Steakhouse Wedge is typically made with bacon, you can easily opt to leave it off and enjoy a salad made of baby iceberg, pickled sweet onions, point reyes blue cheese, cherry tomatoes … All topped with an irresistible buttermilk dressing.
Looking for a vegetarian starter? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- Vegan Sliders: The perfect appetizer to share with your dining companions! These tasty sliders are served with secret sauce on brioche buns. Even the staunchest steak eaters won’t miss the meat!
Time for the main event! Vegetarians will rejoice when they taste our vegetarian and vegan-friendly pasta dish:
- Penne Giardiniera: This flavor-filled pasta dish features perfectly cooked penne served with a bounty of fresh vegetables, including heirloom cherry tomatoes and zucchini. To really make the flavor sing, it’s prepared with garlic confit and pesto. This dish may be meat-free, but it’s an undisputed house favorite!
If you’ve ever visited Bull & Bourbon, you know that our side dishes are no joke. They’re expertly prepared and so good you may want to order extra just to have leftovers!
Best of all for the vegetarian set, a ton of hte dishes are veggie-friendly. Here are some of the most popular vegetarian offerings from our side dishes menu:
- Baked Truffle Mac & Cheese: DANG! This cheesy dish will have you thinking you died and went to dairy heaven. It’s made with 3 cheese fondue and topped with brioche crumbs … yum.
- Mexican Street Corn: If you’ve never tried this style of corn, you’ve been missing out. Ours is served with cazuela lime crema, tajin, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
- Coconut Creamed Spinach: This creamed spinach is the bomb dot com, made with ginger, almond, and lime. You’ve never tasted anything like it!
- Fried Brussels Sprouts: These are NOT the brussels sprouts your mom made you eat as a kid. Fried brussels sprouts are crispy, flavorful, and completely addictive. Ours are flavored with balsamic and parmesan. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- Roasted Forest Mushrooms: Umami alert! Our Roasted Forest Mushrooms side dish is earthy and irresistible, thanks to plenty of roasted shallot and garlic in the mix. Don’t miss the exquisite pleasure of enjoying this dish with a glass of pinot noir!
- Grilled Farmers Market Vegetables: Our vegetables are always a hit — seasonal vegetables, preserved lemon vinaigrette, and herbs make for a simple yet elegant side.
- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes: Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? Ours are made right: with plenty of butter and sea salt.
Ready to Go Veg at Bull & Bourbon?
No matter what type of diet you follow, Bull & Bourbon has plenty of delicious menu options on offer that guarantee that you’ll get a great meal.
While we may be best known for steak, that doesn’t mean that vegetarians have to stay away! As you’ve learned from reading this post, our vegetarian menu items are inspired, flavorful, and always delicious — and well worth trying! We hope to see you soon at our El Cajon steakhouse.
Have you sampled the vegetarian offerings at Bull & Bourbon?